Are you passionate about making connections? Outgoing? An eager listener?
The 16 Tech Community Corporation is looking for five lively neighbors that love to connect with people to join their new street team.
The team will help make connections and create access to information for neighbors – both residents of the nearby areas, as well as employees in the 16 Tech Innovation District.
Street teams help market or promote an organization. Community organizers help unite people to work together to solve social challenges. You’ll combine both as member of the 16 Tech Street Team.
Team members will work part-time with 16 Tech Community Corporation for six months and will share 16 Tech updates with neighbors informally and at neighborhood meetings (when appropriate). Team members will listen in neighborhood meetings and informal gatherings with an ear for how 16 Tech might meaningfully connect to and support neighbor quality of life efforts.
16 Tech Street Team Members will:
- Serve as liaisons and key points of connection for neighbors and 16 Tech Community Corporation
- Regularly attend assigned community meetings (based on member availability and neighborhood schedules)
- Promote district and neighborhood opportunities including but not limited to events, sponsorships, and grantmaking opportunities
- Meet with 16 Tech staff via bi-weekly check-ins to exchange information about neighbors’ interests and concerns as well as the social and physical conditions in neighborhoods to highlight assets and opportunities
- Use bi-weekly check-ins with 16 Tech staff to discuss engagement ideas as well as participate in enrichment opportunities
Street Team Member Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
Eligible 16 Tech Street Team members must:
- Be 18 years of age
- Live within the 16 Tech neighborhood zip code areas (46208, 46222, 46202)
- Have an outgoing personality and the ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with neighbors (bi-lingual applicants are highly encouraged to apply)
- Ability to canvass neighborhoods during warm months to learn more about neighbors and about physical aspects of neighborhoods
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to access and use the internet and applications such as Zoom and Google Docs
- Commit 15-20 hours per month to the team
Street Team Member Compensation
Street Team members will be part-time independent contractors with 16 Tech Community Corporation. Team members will receive a monthly $500 stipend from June through November and will receive a 1099 for their tax filing. To apply for the team, please submit an online application no later than 5 p.m. Friday, May 28, 2021. Interviews will take place the week of May 31. Interviewees will be asked to give a 5-minute overview of their neighborhood, highlighting the things they want people in 16 Tech to know about their neighborhood.
Questions can be emailed to Starla Hart at email@example.com.