Events & Catering Manager – AMP
16 Tech Community Corporation
AMP General Manager
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AMP Events and Catering Manager Position” in the subject line.
Opening in Spring 2021, the AMP is an artisan marketplace dedicated to showcasing local culinary entrepreneurs and vendors. The 40,000 square foot social hub in the heart of the 16 Tech Innovation District is owned by the non-profit 16 Tech Community Corporation. The AMP will feature local food, drink, retail, entertainment and event space.
Located in HqO, the innovation hub at 16 Tech, the AMP will operate in a vibrant building that includes flexible office space and makerspace equipped with high-tech and classic design and fabrication resources.
The events and catering manager is responsible for the overall promotion, operation and execution of social events, meetings and private banquets at the AMP. This involves not only running the catering facility, stage and adjacent spaces during an event, but also handling all the preparation before and after the event. The events and catering manager works closely with clients to ensure their event is a success and follows up with the client to get feedback after the event. The events and catering manager will place equal emphasis on planning and executing events hosted by 16 Tech tenants as well as catering events for external groups. Work schedule will include nights and weekends.
At 16 Tech Community Corporation, we believe we have a responsibility to drive inclusion and equality in our community, our workplace and the 16 Tech Innovation District. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds and inclusive environments for all to thrive and participate through inclusive programs, hiring processes, benefits, and more.
Full Job Description
Events and Catering Operations:
• Respond to all events and catering department inquiries, document all event inquiries and maintain master event calendar for the AMP. Ensure detailed up-to-date event files are maintained and documents all conversations, orders, special requests and contracts.
• Ensure that all service staff and AMP tenants are informed of other events taking place in the 16 Tech Innovation District in order to properly promote and discuss logistics staffing levels. As needed, assist with the planning and coordination of other events in 16 Tech.
• Hold weekly meetings to communicate any on-going concerns or upcoming events and delegate proper responsibilities as needed.
• Perform scheduling of additional staff members to ensure proper levels of service for total satisfaction, while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
• Provide two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis on motivation and teamwork.
• Understand all positions and events well enough to perform duties for all types of events.
• Monitors and maintains the productivity level of the employees.
• Is responsible for directing the layout, display and decorations of all special events and functions
• Meet weekly with general manager to review operations efficiencies and concerns.
• Assist with the preparation and implementation of the annual budget to achieve the objectives set forth.
• Ensure that all sanitation and health code requirements are met and maintained. In doing so you will promote and supervise the cleanliness and order of all service areas and report all maintenance concerns/needs promptly.
• Generate monthly POS sales, revenue and menu mix reports.
• Lead team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel.
• Keep updated list for potential bookings, events and clients.
• Generate a monthly email blast for tenants and potential / past clients to keep engagement within the district and community.
• Work with the 16 Tech marketing team to develop materials to promote the AMP and provide content for marketing collateral, newsletters and social media that promotes the space and events open to the public.
• Work with AMP tenants and HqO innovation partners (1776, Machyne) to plan and execute all special events at the highest level.
• Design the organization for optimal customer service. Provide services that are above and beyond the expectations of customer satisfaction.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Take proactive approach when dealing with client and customer concerns.
• Respond in a timely manner to client catering department requests and calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 4 year college degree preferable or industry training equivalent
• 2 years experience in the events, food and beverage, culinary or related professional area in a supervisory or management role
• CPR/First Aid Certified
• Thorough knowledge of events and banquet service in a large venue and or conference center
• Servesafe Certification (if not already acquired, will be required upon employment)
• Proven strong communication and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and multi-tasking capabilities
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs
• Clean driving record
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with guests, management, vendors/suppliers, the general public and other employees of the Company.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Position is in a large facility and will require possible excessive walking.
• Flexibility in schedule.
• Ability to lift up to 25lbs regularly; up to 50lbs occasionally and to lift overhead and push/pull.
• Must be able to frequently walk, sit, stand, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop kneel, crouch, adjust vision accordingly (close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception)
• Exposed to outside weather conditions including low temperatures.
• Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and a quiet work environment.
• Continuous ability to talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• Catering Vehicles, computers, handheld tablets, equipment dollies, bar blenders and dishwashers,
Supervisory Responsibility: All contracted service staff, including but not limited to; servers, bartenders, shift supervisors, valets, host/hostess and interns.
Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
The Catering & Event Manager will report to the AMP General Manager. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
16 Tech Community Corporation, Inc. grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. 16 Tech Community Corporation provides equal opportunity in hiring, wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions.